THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Blog Archive

Sunday, May 2, 2010

coconut honey deep conditioner/hair mask

okay i have been seeing alot of things about the benefits of coconut milk for your hair here are a few: it adds mositure, shine, and body to hair. in some instances (like when mixed with lime juice) it may have a relaxer like effect for your hair. coconut milk contains vitamin e, vitamin a, calcium, potassium, and chloride.

Benefits of honey for hair include the following:it adds shine and someitmes managability for hair. and it is a good fragrance!!

what i used:
1/3 c or 3.5oz emperial dragon coconut milk(unsweetened)








1 T or .5oz regular honey(pure no honey sauce etc.)











1T or .5oz of Extra virgin olive oil any brand




What i did:


after shampooing my hair i towel blotted my hair. i then i put a half ounce of honey, a half ounce of EVOO and three and a half ounces of coconut milk into an applicator bottle. i applied the mixture to my hair and made sure that every strand was completely saturated. i placed a shopping bag on my head and let the mixture on for 35 min and rinsed with warm water. i applied no heat other than a hand towel wrapped around my head


Before:

this is my hairafter being straightened for about four days and twisting and getting wet in the shower. the front had beeswax in it so i had to be sure to remove all product build up. i shampooed my hair about three or four times to remove all of the beeswax






After:
um i guess it helped my hair. it felta little dry at first but a few min later it felt mositurized once some of the water was evaporatted. my air felt more bouncy and springy, so to a certainit had somewhat of a relaxing/ texturizing effect on my hair. maybe if i would have combed through it , ther wouuld have been a little more dramatic relaxing experience, but that was not what i intended on doing. the goal was to see how moisturized my hair was in the end and after all it wasnt dry.

0 comments: